Little Zak's Academy is privately owned and family run. Our aim is to provide early childhood care and education in a safe, welcoming, adopting and nurturing environment.
Our staff are dedicated professionals who value the importance of maintaining an optimum level of care and education for all children. We select out staff based on knowledge and values, vision for children and learning, and commitment to families.
We are seeking an experienced Chef / Cook to prepare warm, nutritional meals for 70 children in our care using rotational menus at our newest Centre in MOUNT COLAH!
The successful candidate will be working Monday to Friday, with the attractive hours of 8am to 2pm - No weekend work!
About the Role
- Your duties will include preparing morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, for the children based on a 4 week rotating menu
- Ensuring that the meals prepared meet the special dietary needs of the children with allergies & cultural preferences
- Ensure safe and hygienic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Order food supplies in line with menus and within the Centre budget and check of food deliveries made to the Centre
- To work with the Centre Director to create a wholesome menu
- Communicate positively with children and staff on a daily basis
Plenty of Benefits
- Large commercial kitchen
- No weekend work
- Various employee benefits and discounts
- A rewarding and supportive culture
- Relevant qualification in hospitality/nutrition/safe food handling
- Previous experience in a similar role desirable- Childcare Centre, Aged Care or similar environment
- Must be available Monday to Friday
- Experience in Menu Planning
- Experience in providing Allergy Safe Food
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one
- A Current driver licence and reliable vehicle is preferred
We are an equal opportunity workplace where diversity is embraced. We foster a culture that supports inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you are interested, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ or call our HR Team on (02) 8036 8390 for a more information.