Little Zak's Academy is privately owned and family run and our aim is to provide early childhood care and education in a safe, welcoming, adopting and nurturing environment.
Our staff are dedicated professionals who value the importance of maintaining an optimum level of care and education for all children. We select out staff based on knowledge and values, vision for children and learning, and commitment to families.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Area Manager to join our team!
The role of the Area Manager is to focus on four key aspects when managing a number of Centres:
- WH&S, Assessment & Rating knowledge, Centre Compliance and Maintenance.
- Relationship and Management of Centre Supervisors/Staff and Parents.
- Education Curriculum/Program Enhancements/EDUCA.
- Staff Absences/Attendance & Holidays, QikKids and Accounts.
The Area Manager must be ECT qualified, have at least 5 years experience in the Child Care Industry and be a subject matter expert in the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Framework (NQF). We require an excellent People Manager who will motivate, guide, counsel and train the team of Supervisors and Educators within the relevant Centres. Coupled with this strong leadership capabilities, the successful Area Manager will also be required to create strong and supportive relationships with families and the local community to bring the best care and environment for children attending the Centre.
Little Zak's Academy requires true multi taskers who have the ability to prioritize correctly, be energetic and course-correct with little notice due to our fast paced environment. We need a talented individual who is confident, professional, business savvy and have the skills to forecast and pre-empt Centre needs.
Be able to set the day to day working tasks for the Centre including Event Calendars, all WH&S and maintenance checks (process and policies for room checks, fire evacuations, medication, menu evaluations, accident forms etc).
Staff Operations that includes (but not limited to) the compliance for Working With Children Check (WWCC), trainees are signed up and properly managed, staff attendance, training packs are provided, returned & evaluated, development certificates are recorded & filed, staff immunization, management of staff contracts end dates, First Aid Certificates are current.
Parent paraphernalia is properly displayed in the Centres, agendas are posted correctly for parent meetings, policy evaluations are displayed, recorded and filed upon return, parent menu evaluations are completed and recorded.
Point of escalation for any issues that may arise from the Centre or Parents within the centre and to act as the Mediator and put a solution in place where necessary.
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood).
- Current First Aid Certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- A current "Working With Children" check and Drivers Licence.
- Must have previous Area Manager experience, or similar.
- Excellent working knowledge of EYLF and NQF.
- Competent in all areas of Child Care compliance, legislation and WH&S.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding safety requirements, inspection and certification procedures.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management and planning skills.
- A sense of urgency with all activities.
- Communicating with confidence and diplomacy.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Be solutions orientated.
- Excellent administration, communication and writing skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strict appreciation for confidentiality.
- Respects compliance and its importance in an organisation.
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Suite of Packages.
If this sounds like you, please apply today.
Email Applications also accepted, JOB ID 853181: firstname.lastname@example.org